Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Draft world is nice.

What am I doing with half a dozen entries about making art left as drafts and the blog equivalent of a Live Journal quiz result every other entry? Which FLCL character am I most like? I named this blog with a line from anime hoping it would be obscure to most, a curiosity to some, and an afterthought to all here for the content. It had to be named something. Perfect, and suitably witty was taking too long. To clarify, too long meant more than half a day. I wanted to get started.

I don't really know what broke, or why. I was crushed by the machination of daily life, and began to feel just how much I, as an artist, was gumming up the works. No shift like that occurred as intently I lived as other, as artist, as the engulfing pursuit itself to transform everything into elsewhere, and sifting elsewhere for anything (sometimes any damn thing).


No comments: